Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ahhhhhh ...



"Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few ...
September, November,
And these few precious days I'll spend with you."
Maxwell Anderson

DAY 9:  OK, so it's not the beautiful autumn like the one in the picture ... the fall I used to love so much when I lived up North (except for that raking the leaves part), but it's lovely in its own way.  It looks like the heat has finally broken and I'm hoping we've seen the last of the upper 80's to lower 90's in OCTOBER.  I've had ALL the windows WIDE open this entire weekend and the fresh air is bracing, particularly when accompanied by the glorious cloud-free sunshine we've had for the past couple of days.  When I walked the puppy this morning, it was 48 degrees and I'm thinking my girl and I might be headed back to the dog park today after a prolonged absence!  The temps are forecast to head up back to around 80 later this week, but I'm thinkin' fall is finally here - and I'm grateful! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment