Thursday, October 22, 2009

Can't Get It Out Of My Head



"Our hearts were ringing in the key that our souls were singing ..."
Earth Wind & Fire

DAY 13:  I didn't have a lot of fun in high school.  I had a blast in college ... in fact, I miss and still dream about my days at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, quite a bit.  But, one thing's for certain, the late 70's and early 80's had some TERRIFIC music (if you can forget that disco was still pounding our brains).  The soundtrack of my high school and college days has been playing in my car this week to and from work ... not sure why.  Last Sunday, I was grading papers at home and thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to listen to some ELO?"  Since then, I've cranked up my Styx playlist (bonus points if you can recognize the album graphic above), along with Earth Wind & Fire (even more bonus points if you can place the quoted lyric), Joe Jackson, Chicago, The Police, Prince, and Queen.  It's been loads of fun and I'm thankful for the wonderful music of my youth.  Now, if only the radio stations that play this music would STOP calling it "Classic" rock and roll.  Oy ...

2 comments:

  1. Agree. It's still mind-blowingly, face-meltingly good. Besides, OLDIES are what my mother listens to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't beleive you left out the band that put the first nail in the coffin of the demon called disco - VAN HALEN!

    Imagine my delight after surviving the musical hell that was the middle 70's to hear Eddie wail away on "Eruption" for the first time.

    ReplyDelete