Sunday, October 11, 2009

I Am What I Am



"I bang my own drum - some think it's noise, I think it's pretty ..." Jerry Herman

DAY 2:  I've never been much of a political or social activist, but today is "National Coming Out Day 2009."  So ... with that in mind, I'm particularly grateful today for my supportive and affirming family and friends who not only allow but encourage me to be who I am, completely, every day, without judgement, shame, or condemnation.  I know that I am an extremely fortunate man to have this kind of support ... thank you always for allowing me to be me, openly, without the need to hide.

4 comments:

  1. Some day soon, I hope, there won't be a need for a "Coming Out Day".

    We are the ones, Michael, who are fortunate to have you in our lives.... even if you are a little meshugana.

    Come visit my blog, thatsallIhavetosayaboutthatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with EJG ... hopefully there won't be a need for such a day, some day. You're very fortunate to have the kind of love and support, and you're very fortunate to have your own acceptance. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'd have you no other way.

    BTW- Your haven't changed since that "blankie" picture. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Bro, it has never been a secret that you and I have always been very different people. I think in the past, that was cause for a lot of tension between us; but I think as we have both grown older, we have learned to accept and value our differences.

    You keep on being you, and I'll keep on being me. I don't think either one of us would have it any other way.

    LL

    PS - Isn't it strange now that we seem to agree on things more and more!

    ReplyDelete