Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Read To Live



"A trip to the library has made a new girl of me.
For suddenly I can see, the magic of books!"

Sheldon Harnick

DAY 19:  Here's a picture of my "To Be Read" shelf at home.  A growing collection of about fifty books now ... It's always been a little frustrating that I never really find the time to read with my typically busy school, theatre, and music schedule.  BUT ... now that I'm not teaching any AP classes (meaning my school load is a LOT lighter) and I'm on a significant hiatus from my theatre "stuff" (at least until mid-January), I'm SO thankful that I've actually found some time to READ again!  The "Kindle" reader from Amazon was a topic of discussion at our Faculty Meeting today, but I still think there's nothing like the feel of a book in your hands and turning the pages ... even though shelves like this get REALLY cluttered!  Well, here's to making a substantial dent in that pile over the next couple of months (assuming, of course, that I don't add more to it ... which I most certainly will ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment