Monday, October 19, 2009

A Quiet Thing



"Happiness comes in on tip-toe."  Fred Ebb

DAY 10:  There is no doubt that my life can be extraordinarily busy at times, particularly when I'm involved in a show.  By the time a show is finishing its run, I am always longing to "get my life back."  As a teacher, my days can also be quite noisy, chaotic, and remarkably exhausting.  So ... I am especially grateful for times like these when my life is marked by long periods of QUIET and SOLITUDE.  I often bemoan being single and get lonely from time to time, but I also recognize those moments when I can exhale and luxuriate in the bliss of being alone and totally relaxed.  This past weekend was one of those times ... I spent a great deal of time just sitting, in the quiet, with a curled-up dog at my feet, reading a book, doing a crossword puzzle, listening to soft music.  "Well, what d'ya know?  It's a quiet thing, a very quiet thing."  Sigh ...

1 comment:

  1. Me too...Some of my favorite times are sitting out by my fire pit on a cool clear night, watching the stars and partaking of some adult beverages.

    I must admit though, I had to look up the word luxuriate.

    ReplyDelete