Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving Thanks



"The falling leaves drift by my window.
The falling leaves of red and gold."
Johnny Mercer

DAYS 47-49:  I'm back in Jacksonville after a wonderful three-day trip to my cousin's home outside of Augusta, Georgia, for Thanksgiving.  He, his wife, and their two terrific boys (13 and 11) live in a BEAUTIFUL home and served the most amazing Thanksgiving dinner (not to mention an equally amazing rib roast dinner the night before when I arrived)!  This blog post is supposed to cover a three-day span, so I'm going to list MANY things I've been grateful for the past three days ... a loving extended family, those delicious meals including deep-fried turkey, the smiles of my two younger cousins ("once-removed") as they played the new Wii game I bought as a present for them, listening to them play their violins for the Thanksgiving Day company, the small reminder of the fall I once loved and miss (the "falling leaves of red and gold" :-), ping-pong, cold crisp air, a safe and problem-free 560-mile round trip with a six-year-old car, and a WHOLE WEEKEND still to come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great holiday! Enjoy the weekend Cxx.

    ReplyDelete