Sunday, November 22, 2009

Intermission



"The strongest and sweetest songs yet remain to be sung."
Walt Whitman

DAY 43:  So, this post is about nine hours late ... oh well.  Last night was my last concert/performance/rehearsal for the next two full months.  So, "it's Intermission Time, folks"!!  I'm grateful to have a break ... except for a month or so over the summer, I've been going pretty much nonstop this year with either a music or theatre project (often juggling more than one at the same time).  They've all been successful for the most part, but I really need this "down-time" - even if it is over the holidays ... well, ESPECIALLY if it's over the holidays.

I'm hoping it will give me the opportunity to read, get back my exercise juju, maybe have a date or two (I am currently "in negotiations" with a few online personals' contacts ;-), and WRITE!  It helps that I'll also have some time off from work, too - a few days this coming week (though I'll be spending that with some family in Georgia) and then two full weeks at Christmas time.

Of course, it won't be a COMPLETE vacation from music and theatre.  After Christmas (if not before then), I'll be diving into the preparation work on my next two projects - directing Our Leading Lady at Theatre Jax, and staging a concert performance of HMS Pinafore for the Orange Park Chorale.  And, in typical fashion for me - they happen at the EXACT same time!  Both will rehearse from the end of January through the middle of March.

And it also means I can get back on track with my DAILY OhGeeJay posting!!  I'll be posting Day 44 a little later today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment