Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Lovely Night



"A finer night you know you'll never see ..."
Richard Rodgers

DAY 37:  I had a lovely night in Fernandina Beach last night.  Along with my friends Ali, Melanie, and her husband, Rob, we drove to Melanie's parent's beautiful home in Fernandina.  There we had a MARVELOUS meal from the restaurant 29 South ... mine was a delicious horseradish-crusted wild salmon with a minted cucumber potato salad on fresh greens.  We then went to historic "downtown," walked around Centre Street in the crisp, clear night air, followed by a charming production of Educating Rita at Amelia Community Theatre.  I had never been to ACT before and the play featured my friend, Geoffrey, with whom I've done two shows at Theatre Jax.  All in all a lovely night.  I'm grateful for good food, good theatre, and good friends!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know you, but I wanted to tell you that I have officially bookmarked your page as one of my favorites and I find so much inspiration in that you find the time each and every day to be grateful for something. I would like to follow in your footsteps and tell you that I have ultimate gratitude for people like you with such a positive outlook on life and I love taking the time out to read to your musings. That being said, I hope you have a great day and I look forward to keeping updated with your musical theatre quotes at the beginning of each post. Being a musical theatre student, it's a competitive world out there, but we all have to remember the love. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for the kind words, Lauren! I'm very happy that my blog has touched other people, even some I don't even know ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food, theater, friends. That about does it!

    ReplyDelete