Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Month of Gratitude



"It's not that I don't want a lot
Or hope for more, or dream of more,
But giving thanks for what I've got
Makes me so much happier than keeping score."
John Bucchino

DAY 30:  So, here it is ... Day 30.  A month of gratitude.  This has been a tremendous experience for me - it has forced me to remain positive, to look for those things that I'm thankful for and mean the most to me.  That's not to say I haven't had dreadful days in the past month when I've been characteristically crabby, grumpy, and negative, but each day I've had to let that stuff go and write down (for ALL the world to see) what's right about my life.  And I'm discovering daily that there's a LOT that's truly right. 

The two unexpected side effects, though, have been that this journal has stirred my creative juices and each day I think more and more about writing projects that have sat on the back burner.  I've also been pleasantly surprised at the reception to my journal ... the comments have been wonderful and I've been amazed at how even some of my most personal posts (especially "Mutual Admiration Society") have touched people.  What started out as a very personal quest for the positive in my life has been embraced by others ... and now I'm grateful for that, too!

1 comment:

  1. Today, Sunday, will be 100 for me. And like you, it really has changed how I look at each day. I think I said this before, but ... wouldn't it be great if every one looked for a positive in each day? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete