Monday, November 9, 2009

Year 26



"The best of times is now,
as for tomorrow, well, who knows?"
Jerry Herman

DAY 31:  It's late and I'm getting this in JUST under the wire.  So, I'm going to make it quick.  The 2009-2010 school year (my 26th year teaching) is already one-quarter finished and it's been a really GREAT year so far.  My average class size is about 23.  I'm teaching two subjects I REALLY enjoy (Pre-Calculus and Algebra II).  I'm not teaching any AP classes.  And ... my students seem to be a good crop of kids - mostly polite and attentive, with no chronic misbehavior or disrespect. 

I was VERY stressed out and unhappy last year ... I always felt like I was barely keeping my head above water all year long (especially with BOTH AP Biology and AP Calculus - what was I thinking?).  This year I'm comfortable, relaxed, efficient, and generally well ahead of myself in planning.  I'm grateful for a terrific year ... hope it lasts!!

Some really good news to post tomorrow, I think!

1 comment:

  1. One quarter and 2 weeks, but who's counting!

    ReplyDelete