Thursday, December 31, 2009

525,600 Minutes



"How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets,
In midnights, in cups of coffee,
In inches, in miles,
In laughter, in strife."
Jonathan Larson

DAY 83:  Although this blog has started to give me a somewhat positive slant on my day-to-day life, I am GRATEFUL to be seeing the back end of 2009.  Not a horrid year (I've had worse), but not particularly wonderful.  I've tried to keep this blog as positive as possible (no easy task for me), and this post might sound a little negative, but I'd like to think it's still positive since it's all about what's BEHIND me now.

2009 ... sigh ... Two big theatre projects, each with their own challenges, both final onstage products successful and memorable, but both EXTREMELY stressful.  The end of a difficult school 2008-2009 school year with a particularly trying and time-consuming schedule of my own making.  A personal and dating life that seemed to start the year with great promise, but was ultimately filled with disappointment, frustration, and hurt.  All of this leading to packing back on a bit of the weight I had lost.

It wasn't all bad, though ... a new puppy, a new gratitude blog, GREAT new friends (three of whom follow this blog daily), another terrific annual trip to NYC, no major medical issues (unlike 2008!), and a MUCH better start (and schedule) to the 2009-2010 school year.

So, come on in, 2010 ... GREAT to see you, take a load off, make yourself at home.  2009, old buddy ... don't let the door hit you on the way out.

2 comments:

  1. Let's both keep working to follow the positive trend! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... And we will keep reading in '10. Happy new Year, friend.

    ReplyDelete