Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Me Everybody Knows



"Why is my reflection someone I don't know?
Somehow I cannot hide who I am, though I tried.
When will my reflection show who I am inside?"
David Zippel

DAY 67:  What one thinks of oneself is often VERY different from how others view you.  On a whim today, I tried a little Facebook status experiment that asked friends to leave a one-word description of you as a comment (in return for you leaving one on their status).  I was blown away by the response ... nearly 40 people replied, and clearly my friends think a lot more of me than I typically give myself credit for.  I'm often afraid that the person they see doesn't quite match what I see in the mirror, but self-esteem has never been my strong suit.  I'm grateful for all the wonderful comments left by my friends ... thanks for the boost!  Here's what they said and I hope I can live up to all of it ...
Nerd
Loved
Interesting
Organized
Inspiring
Solid
Talented
Calculated
Leader
Energetic
Meticulous
Bestest
Adorable
Skinny
Supersmart
Huggable
Delightful
Patient
Eloquent
Sweetheart
Genuine
Trustworthy
Intriguing
Sarcastic
Lovable
Gracious
Musical
Caring
Literate
Kind

1 comment: