Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Never Fully Dressed Without



"Who cares what they're wearing from Main Street to Saville Row?"
Martin Charnin

DAY 68:  I never thought I'd create such a stir simply by wearing flannel.  The weekend after Thanksgiving, I went to my favorite shopping emporium, Target (pronounced "Tar-JAY," by those of proper breeding), and bought myself four flannel shirts.  Now, you have to understand ... I LIVED in flannel shirts when I was a Connecticut Yankee - my closet was FULL of them!  Apparently down here in sunny Florida, you're either a redneck or a lumberjack if you wear flannel. 

Well, too bad, folks, I LOVE my flannel - I love the feel, the nostalgia, and, surprisingly enough, an almost holiday-seasonal warmth that comes from wearing these shirts.  TOTAL comfort - tucked in, untucked, open with a colored tee, closed.  I'm grateful for my flannel and I'm even MORE grateful that the weather is apparently going to stay chilly-ish (upper 50's to low 60's) all the way through Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Not a redneck. They're "in." Teenage girls are even wearing them!

    ReplyDelete