Saturday, December 5, 2009

Spreadin' the News



"These vagabond shoes are longing to stray
And step around the heart of it ..."
Fred Ebb

DAY 57:  My annual trip to The City with Carole is still four months away, but we've already gotten some terrific news.  I recently met an amazing woman (a lifelong friend of my friend, Marcia) who owns a home in midtown Manhattan.  This generous, classy woman offered her home to Carole and me should she be out of town the weekend we were there.  The GREAT news is that she has offered her home to us for the long weekend in April, saving us each about $500 for a hotel room for our vacation!  I am SO grateful to my new friend whose gracious hospitality is unbelievable - opening her home to someone she barely knows.  Oh ... and did I mention she lives across the street from Stephen Sondheim?  Thank you, Ann!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. You'll be in heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want a stowaway? Beats staying with the folks and huffing in on the trains!

    ReplyDelete