Monday, January 11, 2010

Back in the Saddle



"God, I hope I get it!
I hope I get it.
I've come this far, but even so,
It could be yes, it could be no ..."
Edward Kleban

DAY 94:  My year of theatre has officially begun!  Tonight was the first of four rounds of auditions for 2010 ... casting a Gilbert and Sullivan concert for the Orange Park Chorale.  Holding auditions as a director is surprisingly MUCH more nerve-wracking for me than actually auditioning myself ... probably because there's so much more at stake. Even so, I always feel confident and secure in my abilities as a director - it's one of the few things in life, along with teaching, that I KNOW for certain I can do and do well. Fortunately, I also think I have a great track record in casting, which is perhaps 75% of a show's success (and maybe even more) - getting just the right performers. 

I'm always grateful for the opportunity to "take the helm" on a theatre production, particularly when it's a show I'm tremendously excited about ... like the amazing projects I have lined up for this year!

Next up ... a week from tonight ... auditions for Our Leading Lady at Theatre Jacksonville!

1 comment: