Friday, January 1, 2010

Brand New Day



"Everybody look around,
'Cause there's a reason to rejoice you see.
Everybody come out,
And let's commence to singing joyfully.
Everybody look up,
And feel the hope that we've been waiting for ..."
Charlie Smalls

DAY 84:  Time for some honesty ... I don't treat myself very well.  In fact, if you didn't know any better, you might think I don't like myself very much.  That's not EXACTLY true, but I'm certainly not proficient at this self-esteem "thing."  So, this year I've made a New Year's resolution to myself (and I guess it started with this blog ... nearly THREE MONTHS ago) that I REALLY want to do my best to keep for this New Year. 

I want to remember to be grateful for who I am and what I have to offer this big old world.  I want to remember to give MYSELF the kindness, love, and respect I KNOW that I truly deserve.  I need to stop beating myself up. It's going to be tough since it's not something I'm used to ... but I know I can count on "a little help from my friends" to keep me on the right track.  The "pity party" ended last night, and I don't intend to go back there ...

Happy New Year everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Happy New Year to you, my "bestest"! You know you can always count on me. :-) CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!

    The best of everything to you in this busy year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friends think so highly of you, I'm surprised you don't have a big head. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

    I'm glad to hear that you are going to change that this year.

    ReplyDelete