Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chewing the Scenery


"Don't know why
There's no sun up in the sky ...
Stormy weather."
Harold Arlen

DAY 104:  My last puppy, Simon, was PETRIFIED of thunder and storms.  If the storm occurred while I was home, he would hunker down as close to me as possible, or hide under the bed or in the closet.  If I wasn't home, some destruction was likely to follow - not of the "Marley and Me" variety (described in painful but hilarious detail in the book), but usually some minor chewing or other little "surprises."  I'm grateful on days like today, with its SIGNIFICANT "rain event," that Annabelle doesn't seem to be bothered.  When I arrived home this afternoon, I found a totally undisturbed house and a dog looking at me as if to say, "What?  For goodness sake, it was just a little rain, dad ..."

1 comment:

  1. Diva seems to have some fear of thunder. No destruction, but once I'm home, she's under the desk with my feet.

    ReplyDelete