Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Make 'Em Laugh


"My dad said 'Be an actor, my son
But be a comical one
They'll be standing in lines
For those old honky tonk monkeyshines.'

Now you could study Shakespeare
And be quite elite.
And you can charm the critics,
And have nothin' to eat.
Just slip on a banana peel
The world's at your feet - 
Make 'em laugh,
Make 'em laugh,
Make 'em laugh."
Nacio Herb Brown and Arthur Freed

DAY 110:  We had our first rehearsal tonight with all but one of the full cast of Our Leading Lady and I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a rehearsal.  We blocked the first twelve or so pages of the show and I can't believe how RIOTOUSLY FUNNY this play is.  I knew it was clever and witty, but not this side-splitting, thanks IN LARGE PART to this terrific cast.  Thanks for the laughter!! 

PS ... the picture is NOT my puppy Annabelle ...

No comments:

Post a Comment