Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Popcorn and Peanut M&Ms



"If the world were like the movies,
We would never make mistakes.
We'd correct our little blunders
and select our better takes."
Lynn Ahrens

DAY 89:  I've been thinking back on my holiday break and I realized that of the SIX movies I saw over the vacation, I liked FIVE of them!  It comes as no great surprise to those who know me that I am EXTREMELY critical when it comes to movies (heck, I'm extremely critical about just about everything) ... SO to actually find five out of six movies that I enjoyed is a pretty remarkable success rate!

So ... the rundown of my favorites of the 2010 holiday films (I won't even discuss Avatar, because this is a POSITIVE blog ;-) starting with the one I liked the BEST.  Even though I'm not a huge fan of George Clooney, I LOVED Up in the Air - a brilliantly written, exquisitely acted, incisively funny, and ultimately deeply moving film.  Next up, Nine ... an amazing movie musical which I've already discussed in a previous post.  My next favorite was Sherlock Holmes, which bore NO resemblance whatsoever to its source, but BOY was it FUN FUN FUN!  Then there was The Princess and the Frog.  Though far from my favorite full-length Disney animated feature (that title belongs to Beauty and the Beast), I'm DELIGHTED that the "old DIsney" 2D fairy tale musical is BACK!!  Finally, It's Complicated, which I thought was a charming, feel-good movie.

Thanks, Hollywood, for doing it right! 

PS  I didn't see any 3D films ... I just liked the picture!!

2 comments:

  1. Movies are funny, if they stink, I feel like the $10 was stolen from my pocket. If they are good, I feel like I got a great bargain. Too bad they don't offer a refund policy for the duds. I do have to agree that this Christmas there was good value for the movie-goers dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! This holiday season had a lot of good movies to offer. But how could you have left out The Chipmunks Squeakquel?

    ReplyDelete