Thursday, February 25, 2010

Change Change Change


"You've changed.
You're daring.
You're different in the woods."
Stephen Sondheim

DAY 139:  I'm not a risk-taker ... but I am considering a fairly major (though not earth-shattering) change in my "situation."  It will definitely take me out of my "comfort zone," and weighing the pros and cons, I think it could be a really good decision for me.  My major hesitation is that I made a similar decision many years ago and it did not work out well ... fortunately, these current circumstances are VERY different from the last time.

There are still a lot to factors to take into account, but I am getting a strong positive response from my best friends who seem to feel that it could be a good move.  The actual "moment of truth" may not be for a little while and the choice isn't even officially available yet, so I have plenty of time to think about it.  I can't really be more specific than that at the moment, though the cat is kind of "out of the bag" where it counts.

So why am I grateful?  I'm grateful because I can make this decision from a place of complete security and relative contentment.  Even if I don't make the change, there's really nothing terribly wrong with the status quo.  Though they're not ideal, I'd be JUST FINE sticking with things the way they are.  It's a really great "place" to be ...

2 comments:

  1. How mysterious.... you will be surrounded by love and support no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you said you weren't moving. :-) And I agree w/ JSG!!!

    ReplyDelete