Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Look to the Rainbow


"Look, look,
Look to the rainbow.
Follow it over the hill
And the stream.
Look, look,
Look to the rainbow.
Follow the fellow
Who follows a dream."
E.Y. Harburg 

DAY 117:  The next to the last of the sixteen CDs I ordered last week, the recent Broadway revival of Finian's Rainbow, arrived today.  By today's standards, it's a troublesome musical, rife with offensive stereotypes (racial and otherwise) and terribly non-PC humor.  But, OH, that score!  I'm certainly grateful for having the opportunity to listen to new recordings of these wonderful tunes ... "Look to the Rainbow," "How Are Things in Glocca Morra?," "Old Devil Moon," "If This Isn't Love," "Something Sort of Grandish," and, a song I've performed and used for auditions, "When I'm Not Near the Girl I Love."

No comments:

Post a Comment