Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gifts


"From your Little Troupe
of Embattled Clowns
2010"
The Cast and Crew of Our Leading Lady
(and Charles Busch ;-)

DAY 162:  In a few hours, I'll be heading out to grab dinner with friends and then spend one final evening with my crazy gang from Ford's Theatre.  Closing night and time to put another show "to bed."  I haven't watched the entire show since Opening Night two weeks ago.  I'm intrigued to see how the show has grown and developed over the three-week run ... I've said it before and I'll say it again, Our Leading Lady has been a delight from beginning to end ... not only one of my EASIEST shows to direct and produce, but also a product of which I am so VERY VERY proud.

I spent a LATE evening last night with the cast and crew at a terrific post-show party.  It was a BLAST and was topped off by a game called "Apples to Apples," that had me laughing so hard I was crying.  Trust me, it would be a little hard to explain ... it was definitely one of those "you had to be there" moments.

During the evening, the cast and crew gave me the extraordinarily BEAUTIFUL gift in the picture above ... a silver drinking flask with the engraved inscription "From your Little Troupe of Embattled Clowns 2010" (a drinking flask is a prominent prop in the show and the inscription is drawn from our most-quoted line).  I was deeply touched, but I'm even more grateful for the other gifts this show has given me, not the least of which is an amazing group of talented and generous people, many of whom have become such dear friends and will remain so.  Thank you for everything ... it's been a terrific ride ...

No comments:

Post a Comment