Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sir


"Little lamb, little lamb,
My birthday is here at last.
Little lamb, little lamb,
A birthday goes by so fast."
Stephen Sondheim

DAY 164:  Today "The Master" turns 80 ... the musical theatre TREASURES that Stephen Sondheim has penned are inspiring, haunting, and challenging masterworks.  There is no doubt that he holds this musical theatre connoisseur's HIGHEST position of respect.  In fact, I'll be seeing THREE Sondheim shows in a little over two weeks during my annual Spring trip to New York City.  And, ALSO in fact, I'll be meeting up with a LARGE group of dear online friends from all across the country (and world) whom I met through the community bulletin board (called "Finishing the Chat") on Sondheim.com.  But Mr. Sondheim and my Sondheim.com friends are subjects for blogs of their own at some point.  For now, I just want to say "Thank You" for your astounding scores and lyrics, Mr. Sondheim, and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

PS ... It's also Sir Andrew's birthday today (turning 62), believe it or not, and except for a few of his early shows ... meh ... not so much ...

1 comment:

  1. And we are staying on his street, right?? :-)

    ReplyDelete