Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm Alive!


"I feel groggy, and weary, and tragic,
Punchy and bleary, and fresh out of magic,
But alive, but alive, but alive!
I feel twitchy, and bitchy, and manic,
Calm and collected, and choking with panic,
But alive, but alive, but alive!"
Lee Adams

DAYS 157-159:  The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated ...

What a few days it has been, but I am happy and GRATEFUL to report that I'm back.  I haven't posted since Sunday morning ... since then I've been EXHAUSTINGLY busy. 
 
I spent most of the day Sunday anxiously fretting over the auditions for Parade that evening.  The auditions went well, though the turnout wasn't QUITE as large as expected.  They did, however, take nearly SIX HOURS.  I wasn't in bed until nearly 1 a.m. on Monday morning.  It'll be a post for another day, I suppose, but we managed to get a TERRIFIC cast for the show (though we have a few more spots to fill). 
 
After my first comatose workday on Monday, I would've LOVED to go home, relax the rest of the evening, and go to bed early.  Unfortunately, I had yet ANOTHER rehearsal to attend to ... the final rehearsal for the Orange Park Chorale's Gilbert and Sullivan concert that I staged.  I also spent a large part of the day in e-mail exchanges concerning roles left to be cast in Parade.
 
I was ZOMBIE DEAD on my feet all day yesterday.  I don't quite recall the last time I felt quite THAT tired ... running on fumes.  However, it was a FREE EVENING!  Except for the pleasure of calling all the people who had been cast in Parade, I did absolutely nothing other than sit in my recliner and watch some DVR-ed TV shows that I had missed the past few days.
 
Bottom line ... I feel like a living, breathing human being again ... refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to face the day!  And the good news is ... NO REHEARSALS for ANYTHING for at least another month!

No comments:

Post a Comment