Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sunshine Day


"I think I'll go for a walk outside now.
The summer sun's callin' my name.
(I hear ya now)
I just can't stay inside all day,
I gotta get out, get me some of those rays.
Everybody's smilin' -
Sunshine day."
Steve McCarthy

DAY 152:  OK ... so I couldn't help the picture and the lyrics.  I was 12 when this song bopped on to the small screen, sung by that fabulous bunch of Bradys.  It actually ran through my head today as I was driving home with all of my car windows ROLLED DOWN.  It was a balmy 72 degrees with cloudless sunshine ... just a beautiful afternoon!

It also helped that the drive followed a VERY easy day of four hours of FCAT proctoring, a planning period, and only ONE HOUR of teaching (that the kids actually picked up rather easily).  AND ... it's been followed by a COMPLETELY FREE weeknight at home.  I was in my "jammies" by 5 p.m., ready to relax in front of the DVR for the rest of the evening.

After posting a blog entry, of course ... :-)  'Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment