Sunday, March 28, 2010

Time in the World


"But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them ..."
Jim Croce

DAYS 168-170:  I'm grateful for a just-about-perfect weekend.  You know ... those weekends that have JUST the right mix of socializing, precious time for yourself, and errands and chores that need to be done.

Friday night was loads of fun with friends and a little bit of culture.  I met my buddies Josh and Staci (who will be the leads in my next production, too!) for dinner, then joined other theatre friends to watch a solid production of Eugene O'Neill's A Moon for the Misbegotten.  That was followed by a TERRIFIC night out with a group of seven theatre pals at a local Ale House ... I didn't get to bed until about 2:30 in the morning!

After sleeping in late on Saturday morning (as is my fashion), I met one of my dearest friends, Marcia, for some lunch, dish, dirt, and catching up.  I love spending time with her.  I spent most of the rest of the day doing errands - groceries, a load of laundry, grading some papers, and writing a test ... but it was all done at a very leisurely pace, and most of it while watching some DVR-ed TV shows and rented flicks.  The good news is that I finished ALL of my schoolwork.

Today began with some e-mails to Florida legislators about some dreadful bills up before the State Senate and House that threaten public school teachers.  It felt like I was doing my part by getting out the word and expressing my opinion as a voter.  That was followed by a thrilling, creative, brainstorming "working lunch" with my ultra-talented friend, Aaron.  She and I are working on a musical - the subject of which will remain a highly guarded secret.  We spent a good hour and a half tossing ideas back and forth ... really really exciting stuff.  On my way home, I picked up a new widescreen 23-inch-diagonal computer monitor and it looks WONDERFUL!  Tonight - it's time for myself, maybe a little gaming on my new monitor, and maybe even some lyric writing. 

It's back to school tomorrow morning knowing that there are only THREE DAYS of students before Planning Day on Thursday and the beginning of our 10-day Spring Break on Friday!

And it must've been a great weekend if it kept me from my blog for the past three days ...

1 comment: