Friday, March 19, 2010

Top of the World


"I'm on the top of the world,
Lookin' down on creation,
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found
Ever since you've been around ...
Your love's put me at the top of the world."
The Carpenters

DAY 161:  A moment of sheer HORROR in class today ...

I said today, in the course of a lesson, "and we've only just begun."  Now, you must understand that virtually EVERYTHING coming out of my mouth is a song cue in one way or another.  So you KNOW I started singing "such a feelin's comin' over me, there is wonder in most everything I see ..."  It was met with BLANK looks.  "Are you serious?  You don't know that song?  Do you even know who the Carpenters ARE?"  BLANK looks.  "Top of the World?  Rainy Days and Mondays?  Close to You?"  BLANK looks.  It's enough to make a grown man break down in heart-wrenching sobs.

So, I'm going to do my best to move past the tragedy that is today's youth, and express my SINCERE GRATITUDE for the WONDER of Karen and Richard's music - a family which, by the way, grew up not very far from my Connecticut home town!  In fact, they were born in New Haven, CT, just like me!!

In fact, in celebration, I'm going to turn on my Carpenters iTunes playlist RIGHT NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment