Friday, April 23, 2010

Grad Nite


"Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me -
M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E.
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
You're as welcome as can be
M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E ..."
Jimmie Dodd

DAY 196:  So, tonight I'm heading out for Grad Nite 2010Grad Nite is a special event for graduating seniors at Disney World.  Each year, the Magic Kingdom portion of the park closes down for regular visitors in the early evening and stays open ALL NIGHT LONG for the seniors.  We leave from the school at about 5 p.m. and don't arrive back on campus until 8 a.m. or so the following morning.  It's one trip I actually enjoy chaperoning and it's surprisingly a GREAT deal of fun.  And the Disney folks treat chaperones VERY well ... Fast Passes for the major rides, a free dinner, and a wonderful breakfast buffet at the Crystal Palace.  When we arrive at the park, we let the kids GO and the adults can enjoy the park virtually free of any responsibility (unless one of our kids gets sick or does something naughty ... which rarely happens).  And it's particularly enjoyable for a Disney fan like me who NEVER tires of Disney World ... can't wait to ride Peter Pan's Flight again - my favorite ride in the park!!

No comments:

Post a Comment