Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tippin' on a Tightrope


"I tip on alligators and little rattle snakers
But I'm another flavor
Something like a terminator
Ain't no equivocating
I fight for what I believe
Why you talkin' bout it
S-s-she's talkin' bout it
Some callin me a sinner
Some callin me a winner
I'm callin you to dinner
And you know exactly what I mean ..."
Janelle Monae

DAY 191:  OK, so I'm making a leap here ... from Willy Wonka yesterday to hip-hop today!  It's no great surprise that hip-hop and rap are not typical residents on my iPod, but I happened upon a new song today called "Tightrope" courtesy of my friend, Josh, who posted the video on his Facebook wall.  It's pure hip-hop with lyrics that should give me hives, but it's so tremendously infectious that I can't help but listen to it over and over (even with its very short rap section ... ugh).

So, it's begun a "new music" day for me ... I immediately downloaded the rest of Janelle Monae's music and Green Day's American Idiot (soon to be a Broadway musical).  Now I'm the hunt for some more "off the beaten track" (or at least "off the beaten track" for ME) music.  If you don't hear from me for a while ... send a search party.

No comments:

Post a Comment