Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch


"Let's hear it for the ladies who lunch ...
Everybody rise!"
Stephen Sondheim

DAY 257:  One of the joys of summer vacation is having the time during the day to have lunch and catch up with people that I don't get the chance to see during the school year when I'm typically too busy running from work, to home, and then to rehearsal.  Yesterday and today, I had the pleasure of sitting down with two of my "newest" favorite women ... Susan and MaryBeth. 

There could not be two more different ladies, but I love them both and felt nearly an instant connection when I started working with them on different theatre projects - Susan in Into the Woods, and MaryBeth in Our Leading Lady.  Susan, like me, is grounded, solid, and gently but firmly salt-of-the-earth.  MaryBeth is a "diva" in the best sense of the word - larger-than-life, wildly theatrical, and a bit high maintenance (and she'd admit that herself!).  Both, however, have indomitable spirits and an amazing passion for life, the people in it, their work, and the theatre.  Most of all, they are remarkably supportive and understanding friends ...

I hope it goes without saying that I'm incredibly grateful for the time to share with both of them and their invaluable friendship ...

No comments:

Post a Comment