Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Matter of Timing


"April, May, June, July, August, September ...
Six months out of every year!"
Richard Adler and Jerry Ross

DAY 244:  I knew I was asking a lot of myself.  I'm not the young 20-something who used to do one show right after another, while working at the same time!  But I had the opportunity in 2010 to direct three shows (at three different theatres) that I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to do.  Our Leading Lady was a wonderful experience for me, for the actors, and for the audience.  At the same time, I was juggling the Gilbert and Sullivan program for the Orange Park Chorale.  NOW, I have one show going into auditions while the current one still has another month-plus of rehearsal before opening in mid-July.  BUT, I'm grateful that all the timing seems to be managing itself WONDERFULLY!  Just as I'm about to hold auditions for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, the school year is finished and Parade is fully on its feet (meaning no more directorial "homework" for THAT show).  It's all a matter of timing ... and this timing has worked out VERY VERY well!

No comments:

Post a Comment