Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dodging a Bullet


"One man tightens,
And one man ratchets,
And one man reaches
To pull one cord.
Car keeps moving
In one direction."
Lynn Ahrens

DAY 313:  Whew!  Now, I don't know much about cars, but I know there's something called a serpentine belt and I also know that when a serpentine belt breaks, it's REALLY REALLY BAD (and expensive) news!  I'm going to be driving to Disney's EPCOT and back this weekend, so I took my car in for an oil change.  In addition to the oil change, they replaced the brake light that's been dangerously out of service for MONTHS.  They also showed me my serpentine belt, which looked a lot like the one in the picture above.  You can bet I had it changed ... and I'm grateful I didn't find out about the frayed belt somewhere on the road between Jacksonville and Orlando! 

No comments:

Post a Comment