Saturday, August 28, 2010

In the Black


"We're in the money ... 
Come on, my honey,
Let's spend it, lend it,
Send it rolling around!"
Al Dubin 

DAY 323:  Many people envy teachers their two-month summer vacation, but make no mistake ... it is NOT a paid vacation!  Even with the four "extra" paychecks that are supposed to tide us over until the fall (if we choose to have money held out all year so we can be paid "all year long"), most of us find ourselves scratching for every last penny and budgeting like crazy until our first paycheck of the new school year arrives.

But ... I am SO grateful to report that when I received my first paycheck of the new school year today, I actually had PLENTY of money still in the bank (and a TINY manageable credit card balance which I can pay off in weeks)!  How did that happen?  I took more trips this year than ever - NYC for four days in the Spring, a week in Ireland, a weekend in Orlando and Disney - AND I spent an unreasonable amount of money eating out at night after rehearsals from late Spring through most of the Summer. 

Well ... I suppose I shouldn't question it ... I'll just smile and sit back comfortably "in the black."  Cha-ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment