Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kickin' Back


"I'm bidin' my time,
'Cause that's the kinda guy I'm.
While other folks grow dizzy,
I keep busy
Bidin' my time ..." 
Ira Gershwin

DAY 307: Since January, I've been going NON-STOP with theatre productions.  In mid-January, I held auditions for Our Leading Lady, which ran at Theatre Jacksonville in March.  Just before Our Leading Lady closed, I was holding the NEXT set of auditions for the musical Parade, which just finished its run at Players by the Sea a couple of weeks ago.  And to add to the theatre fun, I held auditions for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee a FULL MONTH BEFORE Parade even opened! 

WHEW!!  It's been one crazy busy theatre year ... and I'm not even mentioning my regular day job and TWO trips - one to New York City and one to Ireland.  It's been a wild ride, but it's been SO worth it to bring these WONDERFUL shows to the stage ... I've had a blast with all three productions!

So ... until Spelling Bee opens at Atlantic Beach Experimental Theatre in four weeks, I have been SUPER grateful for any time off from rehearsals.  This weekend is SERIOUS kickin' back time ... I have FIVE DAYS OFF from rehearsals and don't have to go back until next Wednesday night.  But not too much kickin' back, since school starts on Monday and I've got a lot of work to do ...

After Spelling Bee?  TWO MONTHS of theatre freedom until auditions for Rabbit Hole, an amazing play I would love to be cast in at Theatre Jacksonville.

No comments:

Post a Comment