Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Sweet to Eat


"Just a spoonful of sugar
Helps the medicine go down
In the most delightful way ..."
Robert and Richard Sherman

DAY 333:  I have a favorite "on-the-way" home treat.  Right around the corner from my house in a strip mall is a "from-scratch" bakery called A Sweet to Eat.  About once or twice a week, I stop there on my way home and pick up a cookie or two ... or three ... and/or maybe a piece of cake ... and/or a cupcake ... well, you get the idea.  They have a limited, but varied, menu each day ... so it's kind of fun to discover what happens to be available each time I go by.  That's a picture of the Reese's Peanut Butter cake above.  Everything I've had has been DELICIOUS and I'm grateful for the "sweet treat" every so often.  They may not be low-fat or low-cal, but at least I know they're made THAT DAY from scratch with only REAL ingredients ... no sign of preservatives or high fructose corn syrup or any other nasties.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment