Saturday, October 9, 2010

Measuring a Year


"It's time now to sing out,
Though the story never ends.
Let's celebrate,
Remember a year in the life of friends.
Remember the love!"
Jonathan Larson

DAY 365:  On Saturday, October 10, 2009, I launched this blog ... My Online Gratitude Journal, My OhGeeJay.  Exactly one year later, I'm posting my last daily entry.  I'd like to think I've been fairly successful with and faithful to my "once-a-day" promise of grateful-ness, except for a few times when I was a touch "delinquent" in my duties.  When I started, I wasn't in a particularly great place ... I had recently suffered some heartbreak that had thrown me for quite a loop and had just finished a theatre project which was a bit, let's just say ... challenging.

It's been a terrific year to be expressing gratitude, particularly in theatre. Directing three great award-winning, critically-acclaimed, and box-office-busting shows.  A new school year with terrific kids and a wonderful schedule.  An amazing trip to Ireland and nearly a week with my mother's family who I haven't seen in THIRTY years.

But there are even more things to look forward to ... two shows coming up with roles that I'm dying to audition for.  My big 50th birthday bash during the holidays.  A classic drama, and one of my all-time favorites, to direct.  A potential summer visit to Seattle along with an Alaskan cruise.  And another BIG BIG BIG musical, important-innovative-challenging, to direct as the season opener at Players by the Sea in September, 2011 (pending Board approval) ... Sunday in the Park with George!

What will the future hold for this blog?  Don't know.  Maybe I'll come back once in a while if the feeling hits me and there's something to write about for which I'm especially grateful.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll start a whole new blog on a different subject ... if I do, I'll let you know with a post here!  Thank you SO much for following my year of gratitude - I appreciate your love, friendship, and comments.

1 comment:

  1. Everyday for a year you found something to be grateful for. And in doing so, you enlightened us, made us smile, made us think, and encouraged us to be grateful, too.

    Thank you!

    P.S.: How about a blog exclusively about theatre?

    ReplyDelete